Looking for a new credit card to sign up for is exciting because there are so many great offers to choose from. Choosing the best rewards credit card requires you to determine what you value the most.
Are you looking for the best travel rewards? Do you need a card that rewards grocery shopping or buying gas?
No matter what you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered. Here are the best rewards credit cards of 2019.
Capital One Venture Rewards
The Capital One Venture Rewards card is one of the best options for people looking to capitalize on traveling and earn points they can spend on future travels.
Like many travel rewards cards, this card does have an annual fee of $95. However, that fee is waived the first year which makes it an attractive option to people looking for immediate rewards without spending.
So, what does the Capital One Ventures Rewards card offer? Here are the reward benefits:
- A one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 in the first month
- Earn 10x miles on thousands of hotels through 2020
- Earn 2x miles on all other purchases
- Transfer your miles to over a dozen participating travel programs
- No blackout dates for travel or hotel stays
- Miles won’t expire for as long as the account is open
As you can see, this card is a great choice for people who stay in hotels often, especially during 2019 while the 10x miles for hotels is in effect.
Chase Saphire Preferred
If you’re looking for a great all-around travel rewards card, the Chase Saphire Preferred card it the best option. While there is a $95 annual fee, the benefits of the card equate to a much higher value than the annual fee.
Here are the rewards benefits of the Chase Saphire Preferred credit card:
- A one-time bonus of 60,000 points after you spend $4,000 in the first month (this equates to $750 towards travel)
- 2x points on all travel and restaurant expenses
- 1x point for all other expenses
- Points get 25% more value when redeemed for airfare, hotels, cruises, and car rentals through the Chase website.
One thing worth noting: the 2x points for travel and restaurants apply to a much wider pool than what you might be thinking.
2x travel points can be received through rideshare apps, parking, public transportation fees, and more. The 2x restaurant points can be applied to online delivery apps, such as Uber Eats and Seamless, making this a great card for people who use food delivery apps often.
Once you’ve earned points, you’ll redeem them through Chase Ultimate Rewards for travel, gift cards, or a number of other offerings.
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
If you’re looking for a card that rewards everyday purchases such as grocery shopping and buying gas, then the American Express Blue Cash Preferred card is the top choice.
There is a $95 annual fee attached to the card, but the generous cash back deals make the fee well worth it. Here are the rewards benefits you can expect from the Blue Cash Preferred card:
- Earn $250 statement credit after spending $1,000 in the first three months
- 6% cash back at US supermarkets for the first $6,000 spent annually
- 6% cash back on streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu
- 3% cash back on transit such as buses, rideshare, and parking
- 3% cash back on gas
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
This card also has a 0% APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months.
Wells Fargo Propel American Express
If you want a card that balances rewards for both travel and everyday expenses, the Wells Fargo Propel American Express card is a great pick.
Unlike the previous cards, this one doesn’t have an annual fee. It also has 0% APR on qualifying balance transfers.
Here are the rewards benefits you can expect from the Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card:
- Earn 30,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 within the first three months ($300 value)
- 3x points for eating out or ordering food online
- 3x points for gas stations, rideshare, and other transit
- 3x points for travel expenses
- 1x point for all other expenses
These great benefits paired with no annual fee make it an attractive option for people looking for top-notch rewards without paying for the card each year.
Discover It Cash Back
The Discover It Cash Back card is a great option for people who want to maximize their rewards through multiple types of businesses. This card is unique in that it rotates what will earn you the top rewards each quarter of the year.
Here are the reward benefits of the Discover It Cash Back card:
- Earn 5% cash back on different types of purchases each quarter.
- Each quarter, you can earn 5% cash back on gas, groceries, Amazon.com, or restaurants
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Redeem your rewards at any time
- Rewards never expire
- Discover will match your cash back earning for the first year.
If you can use this card smartly, you can earn a ton of cash back, especially in the first year. This card also has a $0 annual fee and 0% APR for the first 14 months, making it a fantastic deal that’s hard to pass up on.
The Best Reward Credit Card: Which One Will You Pick?
Now that we’ve laid out the best rewards credit cards of 2019, it’s time for you to make your decision.
It’s important to take into consideration your lifestyle and what type of rewards program you’d benefit from the most. It might make the most sense to get a top travel rewards card along with a card that provides great cash back deals, so you can maximize your benefits.
Here are some other articles that may help:
Money When You Need It: The Pros and Cons of Retail Credit Cards
The Best Credit Cards To Get With Bad Credit
How to Get Personal Loans with Collateral
Should I Buy Hobby Gear With a Personal Loan?